Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dear Friends and Family,

The birthday cupcake is for me and I don’t plan on sharing! November 19th marks a landmark birthday for me. I will be turning 60 and despite the silver hair, adorable grandchildren, children who have turned into responsible adults, and cute guy I married …...not much has changed since I was sweet sixteen. Now, if you’ll kindly stop laughing (it’s ok, I’ll wait!) let me explain.

Thirty six years ago my world changed drastically when I said, “I do” to Charlie Bennetch (the cute guy). Since then we have been on a grand adventure that is anything but predictable. Through it all I have been blessed with good health, lots of laughter, friends, wonderful family, a godly husband (who constantly rescues me) and most of all a faithful God and Savior who promised never to leave me or forsake me when I dedicated my life to him at 16.

However, in my heart I have wonderful memories of adventures completed, friends and family who helped shape my character and conduct and most of all I have a lifetime of daily interactions with Jesus Christ. I often wonder what people do who don’t know Jesus. As I age I get more and more dependent on His Grace and Mercy and look forward to Heaven. I’m comforted knowing His mercies are new every morning and I rely on his grace moment by moment.

If you think about me on my birthday, please breathe a prayer that I will always remember “to be gracious”. God has extended such grace to me that I should be the most gracious person ever. Thank you for your cards and letters and most of all your friendship. I treasure each of you and value your impact on my life. Thank you for your partnership and support as we continue to work at Equipping The Saints.

With all my Love,

Kathy

0 comments: