Tuesday, June 01, 2010


Charlie and I have finally gotten the gardening “bug” and decided to plant a small sustainable garden. Bear in mind we don’t have a lot of time or motivation once we get home from ETS. Charlie made square foot garden boxes for me last year but did not have much success with the garden.

We decided that the problem was due to not enough sun for the plants. We moved the boxes this year to a sunny spot in our yard and Charlie has been working on a way to haul water out to the plants.


My garden reminds me of my devotional habits. I start out really well with great eagerness to meet with God on a daily basis. I make all the “right” preparation ( set the clock to get up early, have my Bible, pen and paper sitting on my desk and program the coffee maker). I seldom remember to go to bed earlier though so I am caught off guard when the alarm sounds.


No matter how good the seed, plants, or soil, the crops won’t grow until I plant them in the ground and water them. I don’t grow spiritually unless I make the effort to “show up” and dig out the seeds of truth God has for me.


Here’s to a great vegetable crop this summer and a bumper crop of spiritual fruit in my life.

0 comments: